cee's black book

art fart.

Thursday, June 11, 2009

it's gotta be the shoes pt. 4

2. 1990 - Air Jordan V

Like I mentioned, the first pair of Jordan's I ever owned were the white V's. I remember being 8 and making sure that my fresh J's stayed fresh by avoiding any possible scuffs and it was like I was 8 all over again when I got my retro black V's a couple years back.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Noting the similarities of MJ's circle then attack and aerial dogfight assault, Tinker Hatfield drew inspiration from the WWII Mustang fighter plane.

Photobucket

The clear rubber sole, reflective tongue, and plastic lace lock toggle combine in the classic shoe MJ wore as he won his fourth scoring title and scored an amazing career high 69 points.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Mars Blackmon. Classic.



Sorry Nick, the V's are my number 2. Different strokes for different folks.

#1 tomorrow!

Drum roll please...

1 comment:

  1. damn, i'd type one of those colon/left parenthesis to symbolize a frown but then i'd be a douche. anyway, i love the 5's. Although, why don't the ones in your pics have the 23 on the side?

    also, i'm gonna go out on a limb and predict that you elect the one's as your #1 all time because "they're the ones that started it all" or something like that. just a guess

    ReplyDelete